“We came to Akaroa on the Majestic Princess, who offered this tour. It was possibly the best tour we have ever had anywhere. Marie Haley, our guide and driver, is intelligent, an excellent communicator, extremely well informed and, as a seventh generation descendent of the first French settlers, part of the town’s history herself. She is also deeply involved in an amazing conservation movement and is able to explain it with an enthusiastic sense of commitment that is infectious. She took us to places of outstanding natural beauty and even introduced our group to Hugh Wilson, a famous botanist and conservationist. We highly recommend this tour.” Garry Warne
- Experience: The unique beauty of Banks Peninsula and Akaroa, guided by a local who will take you to the remote and breathtaking places that other tours do not go.
- Connect: Know where you really are when you visit Akaroa. Be guided by a Seventh Generation local who knows the deep stories and can give you the experience of a friend visiting a local.
- Breathe: Visit some of the most remote and quiet places on earth only minutes from the crowds on the ship. You will feel the energy of nature, the peace of quiet, hope for the future.
- Be inspired: Learn of the amazing people protecting the beauty of nature and wildlife directly from a conservation ecologist with a deep understanding of what was lost, what needs to be protected and has a clear vision of the future.
- Understand: Allow the deep and remarkable stories of the settlement of New Zealand to captivate you, creating a deep sense of place and significance.
- Love: Fall in love with the real Akaroa on this on-of-a-kind genuine tour from a genuine local with a passion for storytelling, a love of place and hope for the future.